Are you looking for small and efficient garbage disposal which is able to cover your everyday disposal needs? Are you concerned about the environment and the waste you’re producing? Then this InSinkErator Badger 1 review can be very helpful for you.
The InSinkErator Badger 1 is very small, so you won’t have any problems fitting it under any type of sink. In fact, you will probably be able to do it and have room to spare. The Quick-Lock easy installation feature will allow you to set up the garbage disposal just by twisting it on and off, once the mounting assembly is installed. If you already own InSinkErator disposal and you want to replace it, you won’t have to change the mounting assembly. The Badger 1 measures 7 x 7 x 12 in., so it will fit anywhere you want.
With a small and compact design, a 1/3 HP motor capacity, and a 26 oz galvanized steel grind chamber, this disposer will be able to grind through all the soft food scraps you produce.
- Comes with a 1-year in-house warranty. This means that a professional will come to your house for free to provide assistance if you need any in the first year of using this model.
- Has an easy installation Quick Lock feature which will simplify the installation process.
- Comes with all the necessary parts for the installation
Size & Power / Noise
With the InSinkErator Badger 1, you get a compact and lightweight garbage disposal unit. The Badger 1 uses a 1/3 HP induction motor which will provide enough grinding power to go through all your everyday soft kitchen waste. If you’re concerned about the noise levels your garbage disposer produces, you won’t have to after using the Badger 1. This model is so silent you will actually have to turn the television down to notice it’s working. Most customers compare the noise this product does with the soft hum of a kitten. Make sure the sink mount is properly installed if your unit is not working silently. This is one of the most common problems people have with this model, and it can be easily fixed.
Feed & Grinder
If you’re tired of unclogging your garbage disposer, this is the right model for you. The Badger 1 disposal uses a one-stage grind technology. This technology features a GrindShear Ring that will liquefy the food waste before it lets it flow into your sewage system. This is a great feature because it will stop jams from happening. The grinding chamber has a capacity of 26 oz., and it’s made out of galvanized steel. This ensures the garbage disposal is corrosion-resistant and it will also increase the unit’s durability and longevity.
Pros Of The InSinkErator Badger 1
- This is a small and compact unit, so you will have no problem fitting it under the kitchen sink and installing it on your own.
- The Badger 1 comes with a 1-year in-home warranty, so licensed professionals will come to offer assistance and spare parts for free if you have any problems with the unit in this period.
- Unlike some other models of similar motor power, this unit works silently. You won’t even notice the disposal is working if you’re watching television or listening to the radio at the same time.
Cons Of The InSinkErator Badger 1
- This garbage disposal has a small motor, so it won’t be able to grind through tougher food scraps. You can use the Badger 1 for grinding through vegetables and fruits, but not for much else.
- The Badger 1 is compatible with power cord use, so you won’t have to hard wire it. However, the power cord is not included in the package, so you will have to buy it separately.
Do’s / Don’ts
- Like all the other garbage disposals produced by InSinkErator, this model also comes with very clear and easy to follow installation instructions. Make sure you read and understand them before you install the unit.
- This model is compatible with all the other InSinkErator products, so you won’t have to remove the old sink flange if you replace an older model
As you can understand from this InSinkErator Badger 1 review, this unit is a compact and lightweight garbage disposal which is good for everyday use. The disposal is very easy to install, and you can simply twist it on every InSinkErator sink flange without any further modifications. This is a silent and efficient disposer, and if you don’t abuse it and clean it regularly, it will provide years of trouble-free service.