Are you looking for a compact garbage disposal with a powerful motor that is capable of fitting virtually anywhere? Do you want a disposer you can install under your sink that’s capable of grinding your everyday food scraps? If your answer was yes to these questions, then the Moen GXP50C review can be very helpful for you.
The Moen GXP50C is small, compact, but powerful. You won’t have any problems fitting this model under your sink, even if you use an undermount model. The disposer measures 5.4 x 5.4 x 14 in. and weighs just under 8 pounds, and the quick install mounting feature and the power cord will allow you to install the unit all by yourself without too much trouble. If you want to replace old disposal and it uses a 3-bolt assembly, you can try installing this model without changing the old one’s sink flange.
With a 1/2 HP motor capable of reaching grinding speeds of 2,600 RPM and compact design, this model was designed for a high-quality everyday performance. And the best thing is, you don’t have to worry about the noise it produces. The GXP50C comes with a good sound deadening shield that will block most of the noises the motor produces. Here are some other great features of this model:
- The disposal is easy to install thanks to the universal Xpress mount. This feature allows the GXP50C to connect to most of the existing 3-bolt mounting assemblies, whether they’re made by Moen or their competition.
- The permanent magnet motor reaches its top speed as soon as you turn it on, just like a power tool.
- This disposer comes with a power cord for easier installation
Size & Power / Noise
The GXP50C uses a 1/2 HP permanent magnet motor. One of the advantages of this motor is its ability to start at its maximum 2,600 RPM grinding speed when you power it. This feature will ensure all the food scraps are finely ground as soon as you feed them to the disposal, so you will experience fewer jams. This unit uses a powerful motor so it’s not very silent. However, the sound the motor produces is partially blocked by the unit’s structure, so the noise you’ll hear won’t interfere with your regular activities, like watching TV or speaking on the phone. Unlike other disposals with the same motor capacity, this unit will be able to grind through some tough food scraps thanks to its superior speed.
Feed & Grinder
If you want a reliable disposer that won’t jam frequently, this is the right model for you. The Moen GXP50C has a continuous feed operating mode and it will grind the food waste to scrap as long as you power it. The motor always starts at full speed, so the food won’t be capable of blocking the grinder. The grinder is made out of galvanized steel and it’s built with durability and good performance in mind.
Pros Of The Moen GXP50C
- This unit is very easy to install. It comes with a pre-attached power cord so you can just plug it into an outlet instead of hardwiring it. The Xpress mount feature allows you to install the disposer in most of the existing 3-bolt mounting assemblies, so you most likely won’t have to change the assembly if you replace an old unit.
- The GXP50C comes with a 3-year in-home service, so a professional will come to your home to assist you or repair the unit if something happens during this period.
- Thanks to the 2,600 RPM motor, you will experience less frequent jams
Cons Of The Moen GXP50C
- This unit comes with a polished stainless steel drain stopper. The stopper’s finish might not match the one on your other fixtures and appliances, and that can be a problem for some customers
- While this unit cannot be considered noisy, it’s not quiet either. If noise is a very important factor for you, this might be a disadvantage.
Do’s / Don’ts
- Read the instruction manual before you begin installing the unit.
- Don’t try to feed it with thick bones. While this disposer can be used to grind through tough food scraps, thick bones can damage it.
- If the disposal starts smelling bad, feed it some citrus peels to clean it.
As you can understand from this Moen GXP50C review, this is a lightweight and compact disposer capable of covering your day-to-day garbage refusal problems without any difficulties. With a powerful motor and a good sound shield, the GXP50C won’t make a lot of noise, so it won’t interfere with your other activities. We hope you find our review useful and thorough.